Monday, June 20, 2011

Old friends

I always wondered what one of my best childhood friends was up to after about 15 plus years. I think we only crossed paths once. All I recalled was that she drove a motorcycle. Here we are when feathered hair was ok to have (aka a long, long time ago):



So I looked Stacy up on a social media site. As I was looking through her pictures I noticed a beautiful photo of one of the most handsome little boys I had ever seen. Her son Jayden



and the talent wasn't just in front of the camera - Stacy was behind it. The seed was planted. I knew when I had a baby I needed Stacy to capture him or her.  So she did.



My son Trey was born in March of 2010 and only 10 days old in the photo above. Now as Stacy and I went back and forth with prints, annoucements, etc. of Trey we got to talking. Knowing I refinished furniture she asked "Have you ever thought of renting your furniture to photographers?". The thought never crossed my mind. She went on and mentioned how some photographers don't have enough space to store props, or that some photographers get bored with the ones they have, or how some props are too expensive to keep investing in. I listened. I listened so hard that one of my bedrooms, part of my family room, the back of my car, my garage, and basement are now filled with props. I expanded my furniture company LindO Designs to incorporate LindO Designs PROPS.
I've found that the PROPS have encompassed most of what I love doing. I love the hunt of thrifting and antiquing. I love projects and to give furniture new life. I love to paint (backdrops are in the near future). I love other people's art and it's like Christmas everytime I see a new photo with one of my props! The way another artist takes an object and puts their twist on it is exciting.
Stacy and I have had some FUN hitting up some of my favorite places to shop. We make a very good team. We bounce ideas off eachother all the time and she lets me pick her photography brain. I bought these car doors with a foggy idea in my head Stacy went another direction and drove the idea out of the park



This is Trey and Jayden now. Hopefully they find friendships as fun as my old new one. Stacy and I have more shopping and projects planned. Stay tuned.

All photography (less the childhood shot) is by Stacy Melton.



Pin It

No comments: