Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chair [interior Design]

As a designer I understand when other designers push the envelope and create things that may seem different for the sake of being different. It's all about pushing the imagination, envelope, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah. When I came across this chair called Pages by 6474 it was one of those things that made me stop to think about form over function and different for the sake of being different. This chair is a conversation piece. You can't tell me someone will buy this to actually sit in for more than 1 minute. However, it did make me stop to think about the design and to post about it. I do like the flexibility in the color, seat height, and back. I'm always up for a good conversation piece AND if one wanted it doesn't seem too hard to DIY with an old chair.




I'm sure someone may use this design as a platform for the next best something or other (also part of the envelope pushing). What are your thoughts??
Pin It

No comments: