Friday, March 30, 2012

Progress Report [interior Design]

A little living room update here. So the fireplace dilemma here was solved. Birch logs via Craigslist. Shocked? I didn't think so. So here is the latest look:




And this is what still bothers me:
-The off-centered "C" needs some family up there. Noted.
-The Cadice Olsen sconces I HAD to have well I'm thinking they need a make-over. And they look about 6" too high still. We lowered the terrible bronze lights that were here when we moved in (YES they were even higher!). If the make-over doesn't work to make their placement look better then plan C (which hasn't been hatched yet) will be at the top of my list.
-It could use a coffee table (glass?)
-Ready for this? The mantle. And the hearth. Read that in a whisper so my husband doesn't hear you. 

If the furniture looks familiar it's because they are PROPS. Slight storage issues around here but I'm not that mad about it lately. I kinda like something about it. I'm more of the left side than the right but I've always loved old-meets-new. I added these pillows to the Victorian couch to update it. They were meant for the master bedroom but I'm still on the hunt for the perfect bedding. Entering year 6 now on that topic. Anyway...





Pin It

No comments: